Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Lunch Choices

My work day is both a help and a hindrance in my weight loss journey. On one hand, I am only able to eat what I have available to me and I cannot spend my day snacking and grabbing whatever looks good in my refrigerator. On the other hand, I can only eat what I have available to me and cannot utilize my refrigerator, cupboards, or stove in order to make a healthy meal. I frequently stop at fast food restaurants to grab a quick meal which hurts both my wallet and my waistline.


It seems like such a grueling task to prepare my meals ahead of time so that I can pop something in the microwave or open up a pre-portioned baggy of fruit, veggies, or some other healthy snack. In the long run,  I am aware that this is the only way to achieve the goals that I have in mind. It's important to be prepared so that you can make the healthiest choices possible. 

As I finish my lunch for the day, Easy Mac and string cheese, I know that although what I consumed was not a lot of calories, it also wasn't the healthiest choice I could have made and will result in my being hungry again shortly. This is a lifestyle change, not a diet. As everyone always say, I didn't develop these bad habits overnight. I'm not going to develop perfectly healthy ones overnight either. I'll get there. Eventually. I know exactly what I need to do, I just need to make myself do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment