Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The First Day of the Rest of My Life


I cannot even count the number of "Day One"s I've had throughout my life. I've been overweight for as long as I can remember and have attempted every diet known to man in order to have a quick fix on my life. I lose a few pounds here and there, take a giant leap "off the wagon" and gain it all back again. And then some.

Each new year, people resolve to make changes to their lifestyles in order to benefit themselves or their life in some way. Every year, I jump on that train, ready to lose weight. This year, my resolution is to get caught up and stay caught up. This applies to my job, my home, and my life. I'm not longer going to put things off until I feel like getting around to it. I'm going to steer myself into the right direction, and go full force. In order to take control of my weight, I need to take control of my entire life.

In regard to my weight, today is the beginning of transforming myself into a happier, healthier me. I plan to utilize diet and exercise in order to attain a healthier mind and body. I will be logging my daily food intake and exercise here.


 
In the past, a friend told me about setting short-term goals for yourself. She had watched a television segment where someone had suggested setting a small weight-loss goal each month, instead of just thinking about the long-term goal. It makes sense. If I think, wow, I have over 100lbs to lose, it's paralyzing; if I think, I'd like to lose 5lbs this month, it's not as overwhelming. My first short-term goal will be to lose 15lbs by February 1.

I can't live this way any longer. I can't keep killing my body. I understand that it's not going to be easy and that I'm that I'm going to have days that I just can't do it. When I fall off the wagon, it's time to start jumping right back on, instead of being dragged along behind it, eating everything in my path.


2 comments:

  1. Great goal, Sarah! I had never thought of making a resolution like "getting caught up, and staying caught up". I think we could all benefit from that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so inspired after reading this. I am committing to the small goals each month idea as well. Fifteen pounds by February 1 is a good goal for you. That puts you at 3.75 pounds a week. That seems like a very doable goal.

    Last night when you said you were itching to burn a million calories and that all you could think about was burning, burning, burning it really motivated me!! I am so glad you are in this full force. It is so motivating to me!

    Go us!!!

    ReplyDelete