Thursday, January 5, 2012

Get Moving

Last night, I failed miserably. I stayed within my calories, but I didn't work out. At all. I know that a huge part of losing weight more quickly and more successfully is exercise. When I am committed to exercising on a regular basis, I'm addicted. I love the feeling of sweating, of burning calories, of succeeding. I don't love the feeling, however, of getting off the couch that first day, putting on my workout clothes, and working my butt off. 



Yesterday, I had planned to go to the gym after work and get in about an hour of stair climbing, walking on the treadmill, and using the elliptical. Life, however, slightly got in the way of those plans and I let it steer me way off course. I had to come home directly after work because our furnace was being repaired. It was fixed and the guy had gone by around 6:30 PM, but I still didn't get up and move. I had started working on some other things and got so involved that I didn't quit after he had gone. I didn't quit working on it until I went to bed. I feel less stressed because of the things that I had gotten done. I feel a little more stressed, though, about not having worked out as I wanted to.

Tonight, I'm supposed to go to a local Zumba class with my aunt. I've never done Zumba in person, so hopefully I don't look like too much of an ass. It's only about 15 minutes from my house and the workout is an hour long. I'll be committed to burning calories for a full hour. I'm pretty excited about it!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice job on today's weight loss. You always see results so quickly! It's amazing!

    Have fun at Zumba tonight! I hope you like it! Does it cost anything for you?

    Regarding the working out...I hear you. It's so annoying to think about getting up and doing it. Once I'm doing it, it's all good and well. But getting there...UGH!

    Just keep trying! Don't give up!

    ReplyDelete