Tuesday, December 4, 2012

200 Days

Today marks the 200th day until my wedding. I am dangerously close to pulling on that white dress and walking down the aisle to marry the love of my life. I had high hopes of losing a lot of weight before my special day. I still do. The problem is, I haven't been focused on weight loss. At all. In months. In fact, I have gained a lot of weight and am now the heaviest I have ever been in my life. It's a sobering thought. The most important day of my life is rapidly approaching and I am doing nothing to ensure my complete happiness on that day.

I have dabbled with dieting here and there since my last post. I've had great days and good weeks and then horrible days and even worse months. It's only 200 days. Six and a half months. I should be able to focus myself on the prize for that long, right? It's so much easier said than done. My weight is a thought that consumes every minute of my life, but at the same time, I cast it aside in my mind, blocking out the harsh reality.

So once again, here I am proclaiming my new found commitment  to this journey. I commit to becoming healthier. I commit to tracking my food. I commit to exercising. 

I plan to have my official weigh-in tomorrow morning, and update my progress. My goal is to lose 65 pounds by my wedding. My first "mini goal" is to lose 10 pounds by 2013. I will do this! :)



1 comment:

  1. Holy cow...that's not much time. You better snap into it. I know you CAN do this.

    ReplyDelete