Monday, December 10, 2012

Off to a Great Start

After getting off to a rocky start, I had a very successful weekend. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, I did my best to make better choices and was sure to track everything I ate, no matter what. I went over my calories every day by quite a bit, especially after Friday night's drinking at bowling followed by Taco Bell. Saturday, I was very conscious of the choices that I made and ended the day under my calories. Sunday went just as well! I was very happy with how the weekend played out and it gave me the boost that I needed to push full force into this week.

Tonight after work, I plan to work out. I will be doing The Firm Express which is a quick 20 minute workout. I enjoy The Firm Express because although it's quick, it's certainly not easy. It can definitely be hard to motivate yourself to gear up for a 60 minute workout, but anyone can squeeze 20 minutes into their day without much displeasure.

I also went grocery shopping and bought plenty of the healthier foods that I have eaten in the past when I have been successful. It is very relaxing to have my week planned out and I feel very prepared for the challenges that may comes!

I also wanted to mention that I found this fantastic blog that has recipes, success stories, and lots of other inspirational things. I find it easy to relate to the woman writing the blog because her starting weight is similar to mine. She has also struggled with becoming pregnant, which is a great fear of mine. Although she and her husband's struggles did not end up being related to her weight, it is still understood that being overweight can greatly affect someone's ability to become pregnant. It's just another reason for me to push forward on this journey!

1 comment:

  1. This resonated with me: "It is very relaxing to have my week planned out..." HOW TRUE! The idea that it's actually "relaxing" to have a plan in place and food prepared is such a great description. Being prepared and having a plan is such a stress reducer. And I'm sure it's a greater guarantee of success.

    ReplyDelete